Lead Software Developer / Sr. Software Developer
The Senior Programmer / Developer is responsible to:
- Manage and deliver projects from conceptualization / visualization to technology mapping and final execution including scope / change requests.
- Define, develop, and document software business requirements, objectives, deliverable, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users / team.
- Analyse and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Pilot testing, researching end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues, and ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Supervise, delegate, mentor, and provide technical guidance / support to the junior programmers / developers / designers / SEO / SEM team including working with them to finalize the DB schema.
- Interact with team to create technical specifications from business & functional requirements.
- Improve the technical competence of the team through continuous training & development.
- Review & improve code, performance, stability, and scalability of deliverables.
- Monitor development & unit-testing activities and report project progress
- Optimally utilise the available resources.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Generate statistics and reports to management on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Any other responsibilities as directed by any Higher Officials.
- Need to consult with COO / Managing Director / Joint Director
- Need to have smooth contacts with all Customers, Staff Members and External Advisors
- Need to attend periodical Performance Improvement Meetings as required
- Daily structured reporting to Managing Director
- While dealing with Customers and Staff Members, they may expect their problems to be solved immediately and the challenge is to manage their expectations.
- Need to effectively communicate developments and problems identified to the respective staff and authorities in such a way that they will not become defensive and are receptive to suggestions.
- Sensitive to needs and expectations of superior / colleagues / subordinates who are of different backgrounds.
JOB (MAN) SPECIFICATION
- Extensive knowledge of software development and its technologies.
- Updated with industry trends and technology developments.
- Hands-on experience in research methodology, statistical analysis, operation research, and pilot testing.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Proven supervisory skills, interpersonal and communication skills, managing time, analytical skills, problem-solving skills, effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- B.Tech. IT / B.E. CS qualified
- M.Tech. / M.E. / M.B.A. / M.C.A. qualification is a plus